This is a variation of a recipe I found on pinterest. I liked the concept, but I tweaked the ingredients a bit to fit my taste. In the end, this was really good, and even my kids loved it.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (1 lb total)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 large ziplock freezer baggie
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Combine the rub ingredients in bowl and mix well.
2. Place chicken breasts in ziplock bag, along with oil. Shake bag to coat chicken with oil.
3. Add “rub” mixture into bag and shake, smoosh, or press seasoning onto chicken breasts until well covered on all sides.
4. On medium heat, grill chicken for 3-5 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
5. Mix honey and vinegar in a separate bowl. Once chicken is mostly cooked, use a spoon or brush both sides of chicken with honey mixture. Turn and Grill last few minutes, reapplying honey mixture until only about 2 tablespoons of honey remain (save these last 2 tablespoons). Honey mixture will begin to caramelize on the surface of the chicken.
6. Remove chicken from grill, and top with remaining honey mixture before serving.
4 servings= 240 calories per serving
Approximately 6 weight watchers points plus per serving
Editors Note: I would not recommend trying to make this in the oven. If you don’t have a grill, maybe just pass on this one. The sugary glaze creates quite a bit of smoke and will likely set your alarm off!