So, I was inspired to try a recipe like this, when a friend of mine mentioned how much her family loved a similar dish. I took to the internet for a full fat version, and started updating it to make it more calorie friendly. I loved the results, although this version did take a long time to cook in the oven. I think it will work just as well if i throw it all in the crockpot, and next time i’m going to do just that. I’ll come back and let y’all know how that works out. Enjoy! (ps: eat this with mashed potatoes or rice. omg, that sauce!)
- 1 1/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken (i used 4 breasts, 5 oz each)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 jar of sliced mushrooms, drained (the larger glass jar, or 2 smaller cans)
- Paprika to taste
- Arrange chicken in a 9 x 13 pan and salt and pepper the tops of the chicken (to taste). Spread mushrooms evenly over chicken.
- In a separate bowl, mix together: mushroom soup, wine and sour cream. Pour over chicken, completely covering it.
- Dust with paprika.
- Cover baking pan with aluminum foil, and Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hours. Uncover pan and continue baking an additional 20 min.
Makes 4 servings of chicken + Sauce= 256 Calories per Serving
Appx 6.5 weight watchers points plus per serving